Captain, Rifle Brigade, 1959
The Rifle Brigade (The Prince Consort’s Own) formed in 1800 as the “Experimental Corps of Riflemen”, soon renamed the “Rifle Corps”. In 1803 they became a regular regiment titled the 95th Regiment of Foot (Rifles). In 1816 they were renamed the Rifle Brigade. In 1958 it formed part of the Green Jackets Brigade as 3rd Green Jackets and was amalgamated with the 1st Green Jackets (43rd and 52nd) and the 2nd Green Jackets (King’s Royal Rifle Corps) to form the Royal Green Jackets in 1966 and in 2007 it amalgamated with the Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Regiment, The Light Infantry and the Devon and Dorset Regiment into The Rifles.
Free shipping on orders over $50!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
Since 2005 part of 2nd Battalion, The Rifles. The Rifle Brigade (The Prince Consort’s Own) was an infantry rifle regiment raised in January 1800 as the “Experimental Corps of Riflemen” to provide sharpshooters, scouts, and skirmishers. The Rifle Brigade was part of Sir John Moore’s famous Light Division, and it has always prided itself on the excellence of its shooting. Soon renamed the “Rifle Corps“, in 1803 they became an established regular regiment titled the 95th Regiment of Foot (Rifles). In 1816, at the end of the Napoleonic Wars, they were again renamed, this time as the “Rifle Brigade”. In 1966 they became part of the Royal Green Jackets and on 24 November 2005 they amalgamated with The Light Infantry, the Devonshire and Dorset Light Infantry and the Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Light Infantry to form a single large regiment called The Rifles.
This Officer is wearing the No. 1 dress of a rifle regiment – the rifle regiments having succeeded in retaining some individuality in their dress. It is largely the undress green uniform worn before the war with full-dress shoulder cords and cross-belt added.
|Dimensions||24 × 37.5 cm|