No.1 St. James’s Volunteer

Original price was: £20.00.Current price is: £15.00.

St. James’s Parish
Details below
Who were the Loyal Volunteers ?  See here
Shipping cost is the SAME for 1 to 10 prints – see Shipping and Returns

In stock

  • Disc Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • Disc No Hassle Refunds (see Shipping and returns)
  • Disc Secure Payments
  • Stripe
  • Visa Card
  • MasterCard
  • American Express
  • Discover Card
  • PayPal
  • Apple Pay


Stand at Ease

The parish of St. James’s, Westminster taken from the last survey with corrections (1685), engraving by Richard Blome, 1665. The plan’s title features in a banner at the top centre, with a key to streets, yards, halls, courts and private properties at the top left. Land use and natural features described by symbols and three-dimensional illustrations. St James’s Square was laid out in 1662 when Henry Jermyn, Earl of St Albans, obtained a grant of land on the outskirts of London. In 1674, Christopher Wren was appointed architect of the parish church. Courtesy of The Board of The British Library.

The St. James’s Loyal Volunteer Regiment was centred in the Parish of St. James whose Church is located on Piccadilly in London. See map (click on it to enlarge).  St James’s Church, Piccadilly, also known as St James’s Church, Westminster, and St James-in-the-Fields, is an Anglican church in the centre of London. The church was designed and built by Sir Christopher Wren. The church is built of red brick with Portland stone dressings.
St James’s is a central district in the City of Westminster, London, forming part of the West End. In the 17th century the area developed as a residential location for the British aristocracy, and around the 19th century was the focus of the development of gentlemen’s clubs. Once part of the parish of St Martin in the Fields, much of it formed the parish of St James from 1685 to 1922. Since the Second World War the area has transitioned from residential to commercial use.
St James’s is bounded to the north by Piccadilly and Mayfair, to the west by Green Park, to the south by The Mall bounding St. James’s Park, and to the east by Haymarket.

Additional information

Weight 0.0121 kg
Dimensions 25 × 35 cm