No. 26 Brentford Association

£15.00

An actual survey and plan of the Processional Boundaries of the Parish of Ealing. © of the British Library Board

GROUND ARMS [1st motion] (see original 1798 description below)
Brentford (see map) is a suburban town in West London, England and part of the London Borough of Hounslow. It lies at the confluence of the River Brent and the Thames, 8 miles (13 km) west of Charing Cross.  Its economy has diverse company headquarters buildings which mark the start of the M4 corridor; in transport it also has two railway stations and Boston Manor Underground station on its north-west border with Hanwell. Brentford has a convenience shopping and dining venue grid of streets at its centre. Brentford at the start of the 21st century attracted regeneration of its little-used warehouse premises and docks including the re-modelling of the waterfront to provide more economically active shops, townhouses and apartments, some of which comprises Brentford Dock. A 19th and 20th centuries mixed social and private housing locality: New Brentford is contiguous with the Osterley neighbourhood of Isleworth and Syon Park and the Great West Road which has most of the largest business premises.

In stock

Select delivery location

GUARANTEED SAFE CHECKOUT
  • Stripe
  • Visa Card
  • MasterCard
  • American Express
  • Discover Card
  • PayPal
  • Apple Pay

Description

Original Description of the unit from 1799:
No. XXVI.
BRENTFORD ASSOCIATION.
CAPTAIN THOMAS HARRINGTON. 
THIS Corps was formed the 29th of April, 1798, for the protection of Pro perty, to defend the District against Depredators, and assist the Chief  Magistrate within the District. It consists of about 120 Privates, beside a  great number of honorary Members. Its Committee is chosen by ballot  from the whole Corps. Their Colours were presented by Mrs. Smith and  Miss Harrington, in Ealing Church, the 18th of October, 1798.
THEIR OFFICERS ARE, 
Captain, Thomas Harrington.  First Lieutenant, John Andrews; Second Lieutenant, John P. Rowe.  First Ensign, George Osborne; Second Ensign, John Drinkwater.
DRESS.
I, encircled with blue Band and white; Feather tipped white.
Belt-plate, Star and Garter, Crown at top, B. A. in centre.
Button, Garter and Crown, B. A. in cypher.
Cartouch, a Star, with B. A. in centre.
Half Gaiters.

Additional information

Weight 0.0121 kg
Dimensions 25.25 × 32.5 cm

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.