St. Andrew Holborn & St. George the Martyr
Loyal Volunteers of London
Out of stock
This Association was first formed the 3rd May 1798: the regulations are numerous, but the principal ones are, that the Companies shall consist of 60 men each, including Officers; and that the Commissioned Officers and Serjeants shall be elected by the respective Companies. At present, the Corps consists of two Companies, and forming a third, and their number is 137 Privates; they have no Colours, nor intend any until they form a Corps of six, or 300 men, and then to have a settled Field Officer and Staff. They have a committee composed of the Commissioned Officers and one Private, returned by the election of and for each Company. DRESS: Helmets – on the right side the arms of England; Breast-Plates – silver; Crown and Union Hands, with the inscription of the title of association; Cartouch Box – a star on a silver plate; Buttons – silver, with initials of the Corps; Half Gaiters.
THEIR PRESENT OFFICERS ARE: Captain Commandant, John Miller. First Company. – Captain, John Miller; First Lieutenant, John Pryce; Second Lieutenant, William Reader. Second Company. – Captain, John Bate; First Lieutenant, William Cardale, Jun.; Second Lieutenant, John Kenworthy Cooke. Their places of arms they never disclose.
DRESS: Helmets; on the right side the Arms of England. Breast-plates, silver; Crown and Union Hands, with the inscription of the title of the Association. Cartouch Box; a Star on a silver plate. Buttons, silver, with initials of the Corps. Half Gaiters.
N.B. They unite for the purpose only of exercise, with St. George’s Bloomsbury, Clerkenwell, St. Clement Danes, and the Sepulchre.
|Dimensions||26.2 × 33.7 cm|