This Association was formed the 4th of June 1798, to protect their own Parish, and not march out without their own consent. It consists of two Companies, Infantry, and is not yet joined with any other, but shortly expects to be with Mile End. They are regulated by a military and parochial Committee; and on the 1st of June 1799, received their Colours at the hand of Mrs. Hardy, Lady of Lieutenant Hardy, in the Tower Hamlets Field, Bethnal Green. Place of Arms, Whitechapel Ground.
OFFICERS’ NAMES: First Company. – Captain, Carsten Rohde; First Lieutenant, – Cope; Second Lieutenant, – Roper. Second Company: – Captain, Matthew Craven; Third Lieutenant, – Hardy; Fourth Lieutenant, vacant.
DRESS: Helmets; Label, WHITECHAPEL VOLUNTEERS. Breast-plate, oval, and yellow; W. V. and Crown. Buttons, gilt; W. V. and Crown. Whole Gaiters.