Hans Town Association
Loyal Volunteers of London
This Corps was first formed on the 28th of May 1798, under the Command of Nicholas Bond, Esq. for the protection of the District of Hans Town; and consists of two Companies of Infantry, which they mean to extend to 120 Privates. They received their Colours the 10th of October 1798, on the Exercise Ground in Hans Town, from the hand of Miss Gainsborough of Sloane-street. Their Committee is chosen by ballot of the Corps at large.
NAMES AND RANK OF THEIR PRESENT OFFICERS: Captain Commandant of Hans Town, Nicholas Penny. Captains, Thomas Vaughan, Thomas Adkin. First Lieutenants, Francis Barker, John Garraway. Second Lieutenants, James Fraser, Henry Hemsley.
COMMITTEE: Nicholas Bond, Esq. Chairman; John Turing, Esq. Col. Geo. Smith, James Plumridge, Esq. Hen. Grueber, Esq. John Calland, Esq. James Woodbridge, Esq. Nicholas Penny, Esq. Richard Ford, Esq. Richard Twiss, Esq. George Orme, Esq. Henry Holland, Esq. John Moheux, Esq. Mr. Sam. Symons, Mr. Wm. Whitehead.
DRESS: Round Hats; Black bear skin, Red Feather tipped white, and small hair Cockade; Breast-plate, oval; a Crown, and G. R. in centre; HANS TOWN, at top; ASSOCIATION, at bottom; Cartouch, a Star, with H. T. A. in cypher. Button, metal, round, yellow, with HANS TOWN ASSOCIATION round the rim, and the Crown in centre. Half Boots.
|Dimensions||26.2 × 33.7 cm|