Loyal Volunteers of London
THIS respectable Corps was formed in March 1798, under the particular direction of Goodhew, Esq. for the protection of individual Property, and the Peace of the Parish of St. Paul, Deptford. They consist of one Troop, regulated by their own Military Committee; and their Standard was presented to them on Blackheath by the Right Hon. Lady Evelyn.
OFFICERS’ NAMES: Captain, Goodhew. Lieutenant, Perry; Cornet , Randal.
DRESS: Helmet; Over all Bear-skin, the rest is elegantly enriched with silver adornments; on right side, Crown and Garter; G. R. in cypher; Motto, DEFENCE, in front, DEPTFORD CAVALRY.
|Dimensions||26.2 × 33.7 cm|