The London, Brighton and South Coast Railway B1 Class is a class of 0-4-2 express passenger steam locomotives, known from the name of the first, No. 214, as the “Gladstones”. They were the last express passenger design of William Stroudley and were a larger and improved version of his Richmond class of 1878. Thirty-six locomotives were turned out from Brighton railway works between 1882 and 1891 and were used for the heaviest London to Brighton express trains. All were named after politicians, men associated with the railway, or places served by the railway. This engine is today at located the National Railway Museum, Station Hall at York in England.