Major, 10th Foot, 1864 (Lincolnshire Regiment)
The Royal Lincolnshire Regiment was merged with other eastern county regiments to form The Royal Anglian Regiment in 1964 of which it forms part of the 2nd Battalion
Since 1964 part of The Anglian Regiment. The 10th Foot was raised in 1685, and gained many battle honours under Marlborough, and in India during the Sikh wars. It became the Lincolnshire Regiment in 1881 (The Royal Lincolnshire after WW II) and is now part of the Royal Anglian Regiment, of the Queen’s Division. The double-breasted tunic did not last very long, being soon replaced by the single-breasted version shown here, and yet another version of the shako was produced, this time covered in blue cloth. The sleeves of the tunic are here shown cut much looser, either as being more suitable for active service or, more probably, to conform with the civilian fashion of the day. The red walking-out dress of the
is like that of this officer.
|Dimensions||24 × 37.5 cm|