This ride was built for Samuel Ashley of Nottingham as a steam-driven dobby ride by Thomas Walker of Tewkesbury in 1894. The animals hung from the top frame, with no platform or galloping movement. It was converted to a galloper after WWI and a set of horses were added in 1925. The band organ at the centre was supplied by Gavioli & Cie of Paris and the steam engine by Robert Tidman of Norwich. The horses were carved by Charles Spooner of Orton and Spooner in Burton-on-Trent. The ride stayed with the Ashley family until it was purchased by Jack Schofield of Retford in 1979. This ride appears at various steam rallies and other special events from May until December each year.